EPBS-European association for Profession in Biomedical Science
The EPBS was formed in May 1999 at The Hague, Netherlands. This International Non-Profit Association (AISBL) is committed to promoting best practice and ethics for Biomedical Laboratory Scientists throughout Europe. It was officially registered under the Belgian law in Brussels in 2006 as an international non-profit association.
The aims of the EPBS are to:
- promote the maintenance of the highest possible standards of practice within biomedical science
- develop the ethical and professional values of the biomedical scientist
- support the training and education of the biomedical scientist in order to improve health care provision
- foster co-operation between member societies in areas of education, continuing professional development, competences and research
- liaise with EU Commission on all issues relevant to biomedical science
- utilise this shared knowledge between the societies to the benefit of all.
Member Associations nominate representatives to the General Governing body of the EPBS which meets annually Management of the EPBS is entrusted to the Management Body elected by the general Governing Body.
EPBS represents more than 250 000 Biomedical Scientists in Europe
The members of EPBS Management Body are:
– President: Fernando Mendes (Portugal)
– General Secretary: Patrick Mulhare (Ireland)
– Treasurer: Neven Sucic (Croatia)
– Director: Alda Margret Hauksdottir (Iceland)
– Director: Katja Wienmann Bramm (Denmark)
– Student Forum Facilitator: Sophia Godau (Sweden)
Visit EPBS website